- Top Essay Writing
“Informal English Phrases
These phrases are suitable for language tests such as for example TOEFL or IELTS. In an academic essay, these phrases is going to be too informal because they’re too personal.
“IN MY ESTIMATION, + YOUR SENTENCE”
- For me, a good education is more important than an excellent car.
“I BELIEVE THAT + YOUR+ that is THAT SENTENCE”
- In my opinion that schools should encourage students to walk or cycle to school rather than drive.
“IN MY MIND, + YOUR SENTENCE”
- “In my mind, no-one must have to fund health care.”
More Formal Academic Phrases With ‘That’
These phrases are far more suitable for academic essays. Whether you should use an informal phrase or an academic phrase, use an academic one if you are unsure. If you think your writing might be informal, check this out post for more information.
The patterns here are quite straightforward. Just add your sentence after ‘that’.
“IT WOULD SEEM THAT + YOUR SENTENCE”
Utilize this whenever you support your opinion with evidence.
- “It would seem that children learn best when they are feeling comfortable.”
“IT COULD POSSIBLY BE ARGUED THAT + YOUR SENTENCE”
Use this when you need to challenge an opinion that is existing.
- “It could possibly be argued that the huge benefits outweigh the drawbacks in this situation.”
“THIS SHOWS THAT + YOUR SENTENCE”
Make use of this whenever you don’t desire to fully invest in an impression. You’re giving yourself some distance.
- “The ev >“THIS PROVES THAT + YOUR SENTENCE”
Use this while you are more comfortable with your opinion. This phrase is quite strong*
- “This proves that the easiest way to lose weight is by a controlled diet and an excellent workout program.”
“THIS SUPPORTS THE INDISPUTABLE FACT THAT + YOUR SENTENCE”